21 February 2011

Hi

So, I'm not really sure I'm doing this right. I am sure that if I'm not I'll shortly be told so by someone who should definitely be in bed by now. (I mean Sherlock, not John. Although there's a thought.)

And you can stop laughing, John. Your first post told everyone not to read your blog, and look where that's got us.

Sherlock is desperate for me to update about gruesome crimes. I've tried to explain that I can't write about ongoing investigations. He doesn't understand why not. He says if we know the people are guilty, that's all that matters. I haven't heard anyone with such faith in the Police since I watched an old episode of Dixon of Dock Green on YouTube.

I feel a bit stupid trying to explain the British Legal System to a 5 yr old. Not because he won't understand, but because he just keeps pointing out how silly it all is. And I want to agree...

Anyway, that's that. My first ever blog. Or whatever you call it. Entry.

8 comments:

Lupe said...

Yay! I'm glad you've a blog now. :D I'd too like to read about gruesome crimes, heh! But if you can't talk about ongoing investigations, could you at least tell us about crimes you've already solved? Or gossip from the office, anything goes, really. :D

Book Geek said...

Whoo! d(*⌒▽⌒*)b You've got a blog as well.

I'd like to hear about those kind of gruesome crime. (I watch one many True Crime series on tv) Since you can't talk about investigations, I heartily with Lupe about solved crime or office gossip.

Actually, maybe you'd be kind enough to share stuff about baking? I remember John commenting that your a good cook.

John H. D. Watson said...

Sleep? What? I don't know what you mean. And I didn't tell people not to, I just said I wouldn't if I were...me. All right, maybe sleep is a good idea after all. Call me tomorrow.

Re: Sherlock pointing out how silly various things are that we take for granted; WELCOME TO MY LIFE.

Lindsay said...

Ha! I wish I had Sherlock on some of my juries, I can tell you.

Lestrade said...

John - I already knew the law was an ass, but trying to explain to Sherlock why certain things happened just because of tradition and the UK legal system's inability to adapt to modern life was...well, you know how it was, because you were in the kitchen laughing at my attempts. Git. It was worse than being cross examined in court!

Lindsay - Don't say that on here! He's already trying to talk me into showing him a forensics lab, I don't need to add the Old Bailey to my list!

John H. D. Watson said...

In my defense, I was only laughing because it was hilarious.

Greg Lestrade said...

I shall be having words with you next time I see you, John H. D. Watson.

John H. D. Watson said...

Sounds like fun. ;)

Post a Comment