Right, now mountains have been conquered, Danger has been massaged, boys and dogs are bedded down for the night...
Six things I wish I'd done differently/handled better.
1. Divorcing Bryan as soon as we split up, not waiting months and damaging my relationship with John. Yes, there were reasons, but I wish I'd done it differently.
2. Refusing to go to my Mum's last wedding. It was stupid. She would have appreciated it, and it wouldn't have done me any harm. I should have gone.
3. I should have gone left, but I went right. Literally. Thought instead of filtering between two lanes of traffic I'd do a proper overtake. Van pulled over and knocked me off. Was off work for weeks.
4. Wish I'd never told myself he would change. He didn't. It just meant I blamed myself more.
5. Wish I hadn't repeatedly told Steve it would be okay when we all knew it wouldn't. Wish I'd talked to him about his fears, tried to help, instead of denying him that chance.
6. Wish I hadn't made every single mistake I've ever made as a police officer. Each one of them damaged someone irreprably.
Back to London tomorrow. It's all gone very fast. I...hope we all got something out of it. I'm definitely glad I met John's parents.