27 April 2011

Not dead yet...

Have been allowed a short go on the laptop. With Danger sitting next to me checking I don't try to work. And picking on my spelling mistakes.

Earned this perk by eating a bit of rice, and it not making an unwelcome reappearance. And drinking some weird fake tasting stuff for dehydration.

So am pretty much better.

No, I'm not, Danger insists. But he agrees I might be over the worst. Hope so. Feel like I've been on the wrong end of a kicking. Even playing the guitar made my arms ache. Then Mycroft and Sherlock had a go. Sherlock very annoyed that he can't reach to play it properly.

Really want coffee, but the smell of it makes me feel sick. Don't want a cigarette for about the first time in a month, though, which is nice.

Apparently my time's up.

I hope he means on the laptop, nothing more serious.

14 comments:

John H. D. Watson said...

Definitely on the mend, definitely not "pretty much better" - you can tell by the way you wobble when you walk and haven't had an actual meal since the day before yesterday. Could've been a lot worse though. I hope that forensics bloke is doing as well as you are.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel better. That's always been my favorite part of being sick -- no longer utter misery, but not quite at the point of full-responsibility -- but I have a feeling I'm a bit more of a layabout. Hope your recovery continues!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you getting better... And let John and the boys pamper you some longer. Think of it as some extra payed time off <3

Greg Lestrade said...

Got laptop back.

Florence 'Danger Nightingale being nice to me.

Sherlock isless pampering, more interested.

Lupe said...

Glad you're getting better, just keep following the doctor's orders. :D And if Sherlock can't play the guitar, why don't you guys get him a ukelele? :)

Greg Lestrade said...

he settled for strumming hs violion like a gutar.

Lindsay said...

Tell Sherlock the violin is a much more emotionally evocative instrument anyway. :)

Glad you're feeling a bit less pukey. Hope the trend continues.

Anon Without A Name said...

Glad to see that you're starting to feel a bit better :-)

Hopefully you'll do as you're told long enough that you'll actually recover properly, and not rush back to work and make yourself feel worse again. I doubt it though... :-p

John H. D. Watson said...

Anon - he's staying home to recover properly if I have to sit on him.

Greg Lestrade said...

Promises promises.

Anonymous said...

Hope your suffering, pig. You deserve it

Greg Lestrade said...

Thanks. Same to you.

Anonymous said...

.... Wut? รต_O You've got some strange people hanging around here Greg.

As for the pampering... Maybe if you give Sherlock the right incentive?

Greg Lestrade said...

Just my resident troll, apparently. I'm told to ignore jt. Apparently has issues with me and perhaps police in gneral

Post a Comment