10 April 2011

Well...

...I'm home. Well, at John's, which I seem to refer to as 'home' more than anywhere else.

John and I have talked. Which was hard, but good. And did just involve talking, not shouting, or walking out, or slamming doors or anything else that such 'talks' often do involve.


I think we both understand where the other one stands a little more. I certainly understand his thoughts on marriage and everything. I hope he does mine.

And we're...okay. Hopefully more than okay.

I'm tracking down Bryan, and sorting out the dissolution. And wishing there was a way I could do it without tracking him down, but there isn't, so that's just something I have to deal with. Honestly, I never want to see or speak to him ever again, but what I've got now with John and the boys is more important than how I feel about him, so there's no other choice.

And for everyone asking, the boys are, I think, okay. Sherlock's...well, Sherlock. He doesn't understand why any of it matters, I don't think. He's very matter of fact, and must have a larynx of leather, because he hasn't stopped talking since he and Mycroft got home.

Mycroft is, as always, quieter. But has conspired with John to add me a profile picture (Thanks for that, Nicky. I know you gave it to John, although I still have no clue where YOU got it from), and adding my middle names to my profile, too. Thanks Mycroft. Do the same for you one day. Anyway, I think this means I'm in some ways forgiven. And he's sat with us downstairs tonight, instead of heading for his bedroom and his computer, which is nice.

Thanks for those of you who've sent us kind thoughts. And for the one of you who didn't - I'll assume you're the same person, on both blogs, I can only hope you don't remain so bitter all your life. For your own sake.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you ask their mum for help? Tracking somebody and helping with the dissolution seems like something she could do efficiently.

Greg Lestrade said...

Oh, I can find him. Old friends, that sort of thing. It's not like he's hiding, it's just that I've never wanted to know where he is before. And the dissolution is just paperwork and a court date, then it's over, officially.

But yes, if I run into difficulty then I'm sure Mrs Holmes would help.

Anonymous said...

It wouldn't surprise me if Mrs Holmes could carry out the dissolution without even needing permission from either of you.

I'm glad you were able to work things through :) Hope the dissolution goes smoothly.

Lindsay said...

Good luck with the dissolution. I hope Bryan doesn't give you any shit.

blue-eyed and anon- I think that might be rather besides the point. I think this is the kind of thing that one needs to man up and do for oneself. You can't ask other people to clean up after you that way, not on something so personal.

And while I don't know Lestrade like John or Nicky do, I suspect from reading this blog that he's not the kind of man who WOULD ask anyone to clean up after him.

:)

Paula said...

(Anonymous from above)

Lestrade - Sounds good. Best of Luck.

Lindsey - I see your point. Maybe I'm too much of a coward. If it's ages ago, I'd like to spare myself the emotional trouble and choose the easy way.

Lindsay said...

Understandable. I'm certainly not passing judgment; I have no experience in these matters, for a start.

Greg Lestrade said...

Lindsay - you're right. I owe it to everyone involved - especially John - to bring it to a close myself.

Scarily, I do imagine Mrs Holmes does have that power...but I'm sure she wouldn't use it without very good reasons.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, I wasn't suggesting that he uses her powers like that, just commenting that she seems like a lady who could, y'know?

Anonymous said...

So, given where you were 36 hours ago, on the downside you managed to make both you and John feel like crap for a while, you have to go talk to your ex, you have all of your middle names plastered across your blog, and you've acquired a nasty little troll.

On the plus side, you've been reminded that you have a damn good reason for sorting out the divorce, you've had a cathartic conversation that has ended up with you both (and hopefully now the boys too) feeling much better, you've got a cute little photo of you as a baby PC showing up against every comment you make, and - most importantly - you're home :-)

On balance, that's not too bad.

Anonymous said...

Well think of it like this. It could have been the band picture. I feel they have been very merciful, really. Dunno if I'd be that merciful myself.

Wonderful to hear things worked out... I do love a happy ending. Good luck sorting all the mess out though... I hate bureaucrazy with a passion.

Lupe said...

Good luck! I'm glad to hear you've worked things out, and that both you guys and the boys are all right. Do you think Sherlock looks up to you? I think he's very fond of you. Or of your job, I don't know, heh. But anyway, I'm glad you're okay now. :D

John H. D. Watson said...

About Bryan... I'd sort of like to meet him at some point? Only if you don't mind though. I don't want to make this more difficult for you.

Anonymous said...

Really John? Not trying to be judgmental, just can't picture wanting to if I were in your shoes.

John H. D. Watson said...

They spent years together. I'm curious.

Anonymous said...

Oh, John, I can't see any way that could end well...

Greg Lestrade said...

Anon - not sure your plus side and mine quite match. But the main one is true. I'm very lucky to have someone as calm and rational as John to come home to.

Ginnyvos - true. That would be worse. And thanks.

Lupe - I fear he might. And thanks. It's odd for all of you to know what's going on, but it's nice to know you're all supporting us. Well, almost all.

Greg Lestrade said...

John - I won't say no. Can't pretend the idea makes me happy, but it'd be nice to have someone on my side. I don't know, we'll see how he reacts when he gets the forms. If he's going to be a bastard I don't want you being a target.

Paula said...

Maybe your ex reads this blog too. He'd already know. Sounds paranoid, I know. But the whole world can see your pic and names.

Greg Lestrade said...

Possibly. I can't imagine how he'd have found out about it, though. I don't know. If he does, I hope he makes life easier for me. Although I somehow doubt it.

John H. D. Watson said...

All right, fair enough.

Greg Lestrade said...

I wouldn't want you to end up inside because you ripped him apart with your bare hands. I'd miss you too much.

John H. D. Watson said...

I promise not to bring my toaster.

Greg Lestrade said...

At least don't carry it obviously. Maybe in an ankle holster. And don't bring the four-slice, just a two...

The paperwork in my office has managed to increase exponentially since I went away. I almost can't see over my desk. If you don't hear from me again, send in a search team.

Lawless said...

It's a bit belated, compared to the others, but I'm glad things worked out. Best wishes for wrapping this up as quickly and painlessly as possible. Hugs to all.

Post a Comment