3 March 2011

Contrasts

Well, today's been great. And is quite possibly about to get better.

Enjoyed a nice long mooch around the market, stopped at a cafe to warm up (there's a bitter wind today), ate lots of tasters and bought...well, quite possibly enough to feed either a small army or two small(ish) boys. Lots of my favourite olives and John's favourite bread, some brilliant cheeses, and, of course, for Doctor Danger, some sausages (don't look at me like that, they did look very tasty! The nice lady on the stall knew exactly what I meant!) and some jam (I'll have a camera at the ready, people). And I change my answer to 'is John mean?' because there was no need for him to try to pinch me, or elbow me, or stamp on my foot when we were discussing sausages....or jam. Or cream. Or some rather phallic shaped vegetables. Whatever he says. And he does look cute when he blushes and his ears go pink.

Mycroft, got you the best cheese we could find. I made John carry that bag, then slowly edged away from him on the tube to fully appreciate the dirty looks people were giving him. Hahaha.

Now we thought about having lunch - but have both eaten enough! So onto more...pleasurable and relaxing ways of spending a free afternoon, before we walk up to Sherlock's school to pick him up in a bit.

And I really AM fine, people. You do, sadly, get used to crimes like that. And I've been dealing with them for a very long time. But it was nice not to go back to an empty flat, I'll admit. Sometimes you get too caught up in your own thoughts if you don't have any distractions.

7 comments:

John H. D. Watson said...

I shall send Sherlock to you when he asks what phallic means later.

Greg Lestrade said...

And, assuming it's either greek, or latin, or both, I shall send him to Mycroft...

Now will you get off your laptop, get on my lap top and I shall show you exactly what it means....

Yana said...

...between you two and whatever science/bio/anatomy books Sherlock gets up to reading, he's never going need the repro health classes in school, is he? :D

justblue said...

on lap tops at half one in the afternoon? well i never.

John H. D. Watson said...

justblue - What, never? Don't believe you.

Greg Lestrade said...

Yana - well, he might need a bit of help on the repro side of things. I can only hope he gets a teacher who acknowledges homosexuality early on in the classes, or there'll be all sorts of awkward questions from Sherlock!

Justblue - needs must. Whilst the kids are away, the adults get to play.

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Hilariously, I read this just as my Pandora chose to play "Afternoon Delight". I nearly fell out I laughed so hard.

Have fun gentlemen.

Also, as a bit of post-delightful glee, a quiche with salted ham, that lovely blue cheese and a bit of your favorite dark green vegetable makes for an amazing meal. Glorious, fatty wonder.

Tinkerty-tonk!
Bronwyn

Post a Comment