27 March 2011

A new whistle...

Finally managed to buy myself a new suit. Of course, today chose to be a beautiful day, when the last thing I wanted to do was try on a whole load of formal wear. But didn't really have a choice.

John agreed to come with me and hold my hand, so at least I didn't have to face it all on my own. And Mrs H looked after the boys for a few hours, so we grabbed coffee and lunch too. It's not often I get him all to myself! And at least now I won't feel like I look like a tramp when I have to stand up in front of these bloody people later in the week. John said I looked okay, so all's well.

Then we had to get out and enjoy the sunshine a bit more. Ball games, frisbee, dogs, boys and John.

I'm a lucky bloke.

8 comments:

Lupe said...

There's nothing as wonderful as enjoying the sunshine with someone you love. :)

Greg Lestrade said...

Yeah, here's hoping the good weather lasts!

annoyedwabbit said...

I feel there must be some terrible irony in London being sunny while California is being drowned by weeks of unseasonable rainstorms. We had a whole few hours of sunshine this morning. It's gone now, though.

Your day sounds lovely. :)

Anonymous said...

We're supposed to be hotter and dryer than usual this year. I'm not sure how that's even possible, but considering we've already spent a week in the mid to high 80's, I suppose it is. Woo-hoo, warm weather!

Toodle-pip,
Bronwyn

Bee said...

I love the warm weather, though I seem to be the only one among my circle of friends. @annoyedwabbit I'm sure there is some terrible conspiracy at work here, California should not be this wet, it's unnatural!

I'm just waiting for this rumor of soon to be warm weather @bronwynferchdai

I'm sure you look very dapper Lestrade, John wouldn't lie =D

Anonymous said...

@Bee I'm sure that warm weather will eventually come your way. Though, having been to San Francisco recently, I will point out that come parts of CA are perpetually clammy and damp. As a die hard Texan, I'm with Mark Twain. The coldest summer I ever spent . . . *laughs*

Toodle-pip,
Bronwyn

John H. D. Watson said...

You looked very sharp, as you always do. If Sally has any complaints, she ought to go with you herself next time.

Greg Lestrade said...

Let's not even pretend to suggest I should go shopping with Donovan. Her idea or fashion and mine don't always mesh. I'd look ridiculous in the things she likes.

And you're still massively biased.

Don't worry, everyone, weather is grey again today. And just when I was praying for a week of sunshine. Hope the forecast gets better.

Post a Comment