26 March 2011

Going rowing...

GO OXFORD!!!

Well done the dark blues - been a few years since I've been to watch the boat race live, although I always try to catch it on the telly if I'm not able to get to the river. And I always cheer for Oxford - and this year they won by FOUR boat lengths. Fantastic.

Sherlock rooted for a sinking, Mycroft didn't seem to care who won, but was more interested in the technical aspects of the sport, and why Oxford rowed with a tandem rig this year. John was doing a fantastic job of remaining neutral and explaining winning wasn't everything...somehow I doubt these two boys have ever come second best at anything, but I guess it's a lesson they'll learn sooner or later. Hope John's around when that happens.

I tried to explain to Sherlock that the Thames really isn't much fun to be in...he seemed unconvinced. But I've been in it a few times (generally not through my own choice) and it's...nasty.

2 comments:

Des said...

Tell Sherlock about how (and why) cholera used to spread through London. He would probably find it interesting and it might convince him that the Thames is not for swimming.

Greg Lestrade said...

Well people do swim in the Thames now - admittedly more often outside of London, but there are plenty in the heat of the summer, at high tide, who have a dip off the various riverside properties and pontoons.

I can't say it's my cup of tea, though. Perhaps it would be better if I went in it intentionally, not fully clothed.

Post a Comment